THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL SPRING 2020.
MORE INFORMATION FORTHCOMING.
The Hebrew Charitable Burial Ground in Malden is the second-oldest Jewish cemetery in Massachusetts (1851). There are 1,200 children under the age of 20 buried in unmarked graves. Please come and learn about the significance of this historic Jewish site and how you can help in its ongoing restoration. Please join JCAM’s executive director, Jamie Cotel, and director of educational programming, Lisa Berenson, to learn and do:
- Hands-on techniques to restore and preserve aged and worn monuments look refreshed
- To “halachically” reset small monuments
- Participate in a hands-on instruction
- Document, photograph and help translate historic monuments
- An overview of the history of this historic Jewish cemetery, customs and burial traditions
We will supply gloves, trowels and shovels, non-toxic biologic cleaning solution. You’ll need to bring work boots or sneakers, hat, sunblock and bug spray.
A nosh of bagels, cream cheese and coffee plus will be available for registered participants.
Register with firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is limited to 40-50 people.
Preserving Jewish cemeteries safeguards that our heritage is not lost. It is a sacred responsibility to make sure we continue our legacy established by those who came before us. It is our promise to make sure no Jewish person is forgotten. This has been JCAM’s mission of preservation, restoration and continuity since 1984.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on September 23rd at 4:00 pm
313 Lebanon St
Malden, MA 02148