The Consulate General of Israel to New England, IAC New England, CJP, the Israeli House in Boston, Lappin Foundation and Chagigah Radio are proud to present the COVER ISRAEL! Song Contest, honoring Israel’s 74th Independence Day and its success at the Eurovision Song Contest.
How to enter:
- Select one of Israel’s winning Eurovision songs: “Hallelujah,” “A-Ba-Ni-Bi,” “Diva” or “Toy.”
- Record your own cover version of the song. The cover can be vocal and/or instrumental.
- Upload the song to YouTube.
- Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2022.
- First place: $500
- Second place: $300
- Third place: $200
The winning covers will be announced on Israel’s 74th Independence Day on May 5, 2022. Chagigah Radio, with host Hal Slifer on WERS-FM 88.9, will feature entries of the songs each week and will play the three winning entries on May 8 at 10:30 a.m.
This year’s Eurovision Song Contest will be held in Turin, Italy, on May 14. Israel will be represented by Michael Ben David’s song “I.M.”
Song contest judges:
- Gila Goldstein (Longy School of Music)
- Lihi Haruvi (MIT, Berklee College of Music, New England Conservatory)
- Ady Cohen (Berklee College of Music)
- Mickey Katz (Boston Symphony Orchestra, New England Conservatory)
- Amir Tadmor (Consulate General of Israel to New England)
Participation is open to all New England residents. By submitting a video, you are granting permission for it to be shared on our social media channels. Participation is not allowed for employees of the organizing parties and their relatives.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE