The StandWithUs Kenneth Leventhal High School Internship is a year-long, college accredited program for student leaders in 11th and 12th grade who want to proactively and positively impact their local schools and communities. Leventhal Interns learn about Israel, how to effectively combat antisemitism, and cultivate leadership skills through personalized mentorship.
These student leaders bring education to their peers through interactive and creative initiatives and programs. Leventhal Interns travel to Los Angeles for two leadership conferences throughout the school year. They hear from world-renowned speakers, build relationships with other student leaders, and train with StandWithUs staff members.
- Make lasting impact in their communities through civic engagement
- Identify and address educational needs in their community through empowering initiatives and personalized mentorship
- Raise awareness that can lead to a more inclusive society free of antisemitism and other forms of hate
- Connect and network with impact-oriented high school student leaders from across North America, including an alumni community of over 1,000 student leaders
- Engage with leading experts and educators at two all-expenses paid national conferences
- Develop the skills to be an upstander on their future college campus and in their professional life
- Grow their knowledge, explore multiple perspectives, and engage with peers on topics surrounding Israel, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the Middle East, and antisemitism
Please note: In order to receive a formal application, you must be nominated by a leader in your community (a teacher, rabbi, mentor, etc). through this nomination form.
- Must be a rising junior (11th) or senior (12th) in high school in the United States or Canada
- Applicants must be self-identified leaders who want to cultivate their leadership skills, learn about Israel, combat antisemitism, and make an impact in their schools and communities
- Must be nominated by a teacher, mentor, or community leader who can speak to the applicant’s skillset
Please note that the application process is highly competitive and there is no guarantee that the students who are nominated will be accepted into the program.
Once a student is nominated for the program, we will immediately send an application to the email provided. StandWithUs High School Managers will review the applications and virtually interview chosen applicants. After the interviews, the teens will be notified if they have been accepted by April 3, 2024.
Applications will close on Sunday, March 10, at 11 p.m. PST. We will be sending out applications on a rolling basis. The sooner the student is nominated, the more time the nominee has to fill out the application and be interviewed.
If you have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here. MORE