Temple Shalom of Newton is an inclusive Reform Jewish community with members from throughout the Metrowest Boston area. Temple Shalom is committed to making each person feel welcome and at home. We proudly welcome people of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, interfaith families, Jews-by-choice and Jews of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and those searching for meaning.
Temple Shalom offers a wide range of worship, spiritual, social, and educational opportunities for members of all ages, from preschoolers to adults. Temple Shalom has 650 member families and is lead by our co-Senior Rabbis Allison Berry and Laura J. Abrasley. We are the first congregation to be co-led by two female rabbis.
We participate together in the religious, educational, and communal life of our congregation as we live the values of:
- Lifelong learning (Torah lishmah)
- Enriching spirituality (kedushah)
- Building community (kehillah)
- Repairing the world (tikkun olam)
- Deepening our relationship with Israel (klal Yisrael)
- Sustaining Jewish continuity (brit olam)